FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
Crisis Core English Voice Acting Criticism EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
Crisis Core English Voice Acting Criticism EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
Crisis Core English Voice Acting Criticism EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
Crisis Core English Voice Acting Criticism EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
Crisis Core English Voice Acting Criticism EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
Crisis Core English Voice Acting Criticism EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
Crisis Core English Voice Acting Criticism EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
Crisis Core English Voice Acting Criticism EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
Crisis Core English Voice Acting Criticism EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Crisis Core English Voice Acting Criticism

4 posters

Go down

Crisis Core English Voice Acting Criticism Empty Crisis Core English Voice Acting Criticism

Post by Claire Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:55 pm

Just as Dissidia got bit in the ass with it's VA, CC was almost as bad. Starting from the top. Editing list...

Zack Fair (Rick Gomez)
I can remember a time actually thinking I would hate the Zack voice because they got the guy that played Gippal from FF X-2, not my favorite character forever, but thinks to me maturing, he's one of my favorites, mostly because of his voice. Rick Gomez is a great VA for Zack Fair, even though barely anybody knew who the hell he was before CC came out, Rick made him feel familiar to me. He got Zack's immaturity to the mark and he actually was serious when the time called for it. For any other games including Zack Fair in the future, I hope they get Rick Gomez to be his voice.

Genesis Rhapsodos (Oliver Quinn)
SEXXXXXXXYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!11111 Genesis being my favorite character from CC for multiple reasons, his voice would be the winning factor. When he read Loveless, I would be captured each time, and he actually came off as slightly intimidating, uncommon for FFVII villain VAs so far, imo. I must say, comparing him to GACKT, he loses a fair fight, of course this is somewhat because I absolutely adore GACKt, but Mr. Flinn didn't come off as noble as GACKT did. And Genesis seems like a more arrogant richie than just a villain, at least to me. Overall, a decent job.

Lazard (Stefan Marks)
I'm not sure if Marks intended to make Lazard a Rufus twin, but that's basically how it came out. I'm not complaining, Rufus is badass, but there are differences in their character, the voice changes everything. If I remember correctly there was a different VA for Rufus in AC, but they sound almost exactly alike. That aside, it isn't a terrible voice, though it comes off as boring sometimes, especially when he makes a speech.

Angeal Hewley (Josh Gilman)
Also sounds just like Rufus, but it actually didn't sound that bad coming from Angeal, seeing as he is supposed to sound honorable and a bit of a smartass. There were, I'll admit, some points in the game when Angeal was supposed to sound angry but instead it sounded like he was trying not to laugh, I can point them out, but it's pretty obvious when he does it.

Cloud Strife (Steve Burton)
I give this guy shit for unfair reasons, but I actually LOVED Cloud in CC, mostly because it was before he got all fucked up and he was a bit childish, not to mention he actually sounds pretty positive. The Cap'n was right about it just being the character's dialogue ruining him. A very good VA otherwise.

Sephiroth (Goerge Newbern)
See Dissidia Criticism, it didn't change much.

Cissnei (Carrie Savage)
Not terrible, but not great, I never played Before Crisis, so I know pretty much nothing about this woman. But she is a Turk, so she needs to sound tough and Carrie got that down, otherwise I have nothing for this VA.

Tseng (Ryun Yu)
I don't think I'm the only one that noticed this, but Tseng changed between VII and CC. I remember him being a pompous ASS in VII, but in CC he actually seems really, really lifeless. Of course when you pay attention to how Tseng is in CC, I suppose he actually is that way, his only real concern is his work, so he doesn't have much of a personality. 50/50 on this one.

Hollander (Sterling Young)
I think it hurt this guy to talk because it seemed as if he tried WAY too hard to play Hollander. Since Hollander's character is pretty much introduced in this game, I don't hold it against him, but he could've simmered down with the voice work. We don't need someone passing out in a recording session.

Hojo (Paul Eiding)
*facepalm* Another Kefka fuckup.

Aerith Gainsborough (Andrea Bowen)
The only FF character to have recycled voices in everything she's been in and I'm still not satisfied. Although this one is sadly the best I've seen.

Gillian Hewley (Takayo Fischer)
Only in the game five minutes, but actually pretty well done. Something I noticed, though, is she did not originally speak English, so there are some tones that weren't on par, but decent job anyway.

Weiss (David Boat)
Not really worth mentioning, DoC Weiss was actually intimidating, not this idiot.

Nero (Mike Rock)
Same with Weiss, Nero was my fave from DoC, but in CC, he just sounds pathetic, nothing else to it.

NOW YOU MAY POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by nemo on Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Crisis Core English Voice Acting Criticism Empty Re: Crisis Core English Voice Acting Criticism

Post by Archangel Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:19 am

i had no problems with the voice acting in Crisis Core, they all fit pretty well to the characters imo
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Crisis Core English Voice Acting Criticism Empty Re: Crisis Core English Voice Acting Criticism

Post by Just_Smile Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:54 pm

Well, I think they are pretty fine Smile I have played much worse games,lol.
I wasn't fond of most dissidia voices, though..
Just_Smile
Just_Smile

http://sillyhearts.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Larc Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:49 am

While the English ver is not bad, I prefer the Japanese one. No one can beat Gackt for Genesis voice when he was reading LOVELESS.

So does Cissnei (there is one scene of her where the english ver sounds really weird) and Aerith (yeah, I prefer Maaya Sakamoto voice).

But for Zack and Sephiroth, both of them sounds just fine.

And I dont really like dissidia voice too.
Larc
Larc

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:26 am

ya the dissidia voices were not the best, either to emo, or too high sprung, especially zidane, his was horrible
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:12 pm

List is done, so y'all have fun.
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down