FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
Voice Acting Criticism EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
Voice Acting Criticism EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
Voice Acting Criticism EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
Voice Acting Criticism EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
Voice Acting Criticism EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
Voice Acting Criticism EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
Voice Acting Criticism EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
Voice Acting Criticism EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
Voice Acting Criticism EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Voice Acting Criticism

+2
The Cap'n
Claire
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Voice Acting Criticism Empty Voice Acting Criticism

Post by Claire Tue May 04, 2010 10:17 pm

I know I'm not the only one who doesn't appreciate some of the VAs in this game, so everyone give your criticism here.

Warrior of Light (Grant George)
So-so at best. I prefer his Japanese voice simply because it's higher pitched, WoL's voice somewhat fits, but it isn't how I thought he'd sound.

Firion (Johnny Yong Bosch)
Perfect, I don't think much of FFII, but Firion's voice fit quite awesomely, especially in battle. Maybe it's cause I'm an Ichigo fan, but I don't think Firion could've sounded better.

Onion Knight (Aaron Spann)
Hate it. It's okay in some parts, but it sort of killed the Onion Knight image for me. I don't really know who could've played OK well, but Aaron obviously can't.

Cecil (Yuri Lowenthal)
Terrible, completely ruined Cecil, Mr. Lowenthal has a tendency to overact. He also places a faint, but noticeable accent with Cecil, not how I imagined him at all. I honestly don't know who could've played him perfectly, but anyone is better than Yuri.

Bartz (Jason Spisak)
Sigh, not only is Bartz' personality wrong, but this voice annoyed the piss out of me. I don't remember Bartz being anywhere NEAR that goofy in the original V, he had some parts of looseness, but he knew when to be serious.

Terra (Natalie Lander)
Fits, but not my favorite, I would've loved if Tara Strong played her.

Cloud (Steve Burton)
Fuck this guy.

Squall (Doug Erholtz)
Fuck this guy harder.

Zidane (Bryce Papenbrook)
WHERE'S VIC MIGNOGNA???!!!

Tidus (James Arnold Taylor)
There is no other voice that can play Tidus, period. James A. Taylor has always been my favorite VA ever since I first played X, and I'm VERY glad they brought him back for Dissidia, if they dared to get another voice, I'd have assassinated Tetsuya Nomura.

Shantotto (Candi Milo)
Absolutely Perfect, people found her annoying, but I actually liked her voice, the pride was really obvious, and her pitch was perfect.

Garland (Christopher Sabat)
GOD

The Emperor (Christopher Corey Smith)
Much as I hate this guy, his voice was actually great for the character. I have to say there is little competition for a better Emperor.

Cloud of Darkness (Laura Bailey)
Heh, Lust for CoD? Nothing better.

Golbez (Peter Beckman)
I first imagined Golbez sounding somewhat younger, but I remembered he was Lunarian, so he's probably REALLY old, so it actually fits "very well". And in battle, it's bone-chilling.

Exdeath (Gerald C. Rivers)
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (insert fail death cry)

Kefka (Dave Wittenburg)
Surprising that this is Kakashi's VA. Never thought he could be so nihilistic. .__. It's a great voice, though my friend RyuXander has him beat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdXWNdKo4zc

Sephiroth (George Newbern)
Great as Nooj, terrible as Sephy. Sorry, Sephy should not be that deep toned. Lance Bass did way better.

Ultimecia (Tasia Valenza)
SSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXXXXXXXXXXXXYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good voice, although gets annoying after too long.

Kuja (JD Cullum)
Great for Kuja, although I need to see his other projects to compare it to them.

Jecht (Gregg Berger)
FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is no Jecht unless it's Gregg Berger, he actually sounds drunk.

Gabranth (Keith Ferguson)
Didn't think much of the character, but this voice actually worked, considering Mr. Ferguson is American, it was actually very well done. Smile

Cosmos (Veronica Taylor)
It's a great voice and very soothing, although that's probably because it's echoing. :p

Chaos (Keith David)
I pretty much wet my pants when I heard GOLIATH would be playing the God of Discord himself. This is THE best villain voice EVER! He makes the battle worth playing over and over.

So, give your own criticism, or just battle my opinions.
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Voice Acting Criticism Empty Re: Voice Acting Criticism

Post by The Cap'n Thu May 06, 2010 1:30 am

TherathxRikku wrote:I know I'm not the only one who doesn't appreciate some of the VAs in this game, so everyone give your criticism here.

Warrior of Light (Grant George)
So-so at best. I prefer his Japanese voice simply because it's higher pitched, WoL's voice somewhat fits, but it isn't how I thought he'd sound.

Mediocre acting and extremely monotone. Lifeless, boring. But with the lines he was given the acting suits well. I blame the performance on the script.

Firion (Johnny Yong Bosch)
Perfect, I don't think much of FFII, but Firion's voice fit quite awesomely, especially in battle. Maybe it's cause I'm an Ichigo fan, but I don't think Firion could've sounded better.

UGH! Fucking Johnny does the same fucking voice for EVERYTHING he voices. ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE! There's no difference. Annoying as fuck to listen to him BUT Johnny is one of the best voices in the game but he's not too great.

Onion Knight (Aaron Spann)
Hate it. It's okay in some parts, but it sort of killed the Onion Knight image for me. I don't really know who could've played OK well, but Aaron obviously can't.

Boooo. Lame performance. Lifeless but I think this guy is very new to voice so he could shape up in a few years.

Cecil (Yuri Lowenthal)
Terrible, completely ruined Cecil, Mr. Lowenthal has a tendency to overact. He also places a faint, but noticeable accent with Cecil, not how I imagined him at all. I honestly don't know who could've played him perfectly, but anyone is better than Yuri.

I despise Yuri Lowenthal. Every fucking role he plays is so melodramatic and he makes characters sound like they're like 40. His "AMAZING ENGLISH ACCENT" which he does for basically every role if he's not some annoying as fuck teen who sounds like he's 30 and some emo ass bitch who sounds like he's 30 years is so mediocre and lifeless that I put the subtitles on in whatever game/show and mute it if he has anything to ever say. Prince of Persia is a nightmare to listen too because he never shuts his fucking mouth and there are no subtitles.

Bartz (Jason Spisak)
Sigh, not only is Bartz' personality wrong, but this voice annoyed the piss out of me. I don't remember Bartz being anywhere NEAR that goofy in the original V, he had some parts of looseness, but he knew when to be serious.

Jason Spisak is without a doubt one of the worst voice actors I've ever heard. Absolutely lifeless and his acting was disguised with his annoying high pitched voice. Shitty shitty VA, either he takes acting classes or never steps towards a microphone ever again.

Terra (Natalie Lander)
Fits, but not my favorite, I would've loved if Tara Strong played her.

Ehhhhh, the only thing worth noting she's worked on is Shrek 3 but that's not a movie you want to brag about. She was okay but lame. And ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING WAY to Tara Strong. We want a voice that suits her personality as a timid girl looking for love, not a really whinny bitche or hyper active girl. Tara is a great VA but she is a horrible choice for Terra.

Cloud (Steve Burton)
Fuck this guy.

Hold on, Steve may have horrible lines and direction but he's got the voice for Cloud. When I play VII, I imagine his voice but I don't imagine his horrible dreary lines from AC and Dissidia but as his great and funny lines from the game "Huh? Finger, what the hell?" If Square wasn't so fucking stupid to make Cloud a faggot-ass bitch then Steve would have the role down perfectly.

Squall (Doug Erholtz)
Fuck this guy harder.

Lol, mediocre. Both of Squall's VA's from KH1 and 2 were terrible but they do get his dreary, mopey, emo-ness personality for the most part. I say Doug gets the right tone for Squall but bad acting is a no-no.

Zidane (Bryce Papenbrook)
WHERE'S VIC MIGNOGNA???!!!

This kid should never be Zidane ever again. Zidane is not a lifeless 15 year old pansy, he is a cocky, charismatic womanizer. They screwed my fav. lead character in the ass and he didn't need that since he gets shit for his stupid fucking monkey tail and pretty boy blond bangs.

Tidus (James Arnold Taylor)
There is no other voice that can play Tidus, period. James A. Taylor has always been my favorite VA ever since I first played X, and I'm VERY glad they brought him back for Dissidia, if they dared to get another voice, I'd have assassinated Tetsuya Nomura.

Good to know James returned but GOD DAMN SHUT UP!!! James is a good actor (except really lousy in FFX because of terrible direction) but I want to stab him all the time because he opens his damn mouth. But that's good because that's Tidus's character, fucking annoying. James is another one of the games best actors but his voice makes my ears bleed sometimes. Ratchet is still by far is best voiced role, it fits the furry beaver rat man oh so well.

Shantotto (Candi Milo)
Absolutely Perfect, people found her annoying, but I actually liked her voice, the pride was really obvious, and her pitch was perfect.

Candi annoys me a lot. Because her voice is just so distinguishable. I can spot her a mile away. Every single role she plays is the same but covered up with an accent. The Flea from Mucha Lucha, Dexter from Dexter's Lab (During the awful final season when they completely changed the animation) and Snap from Chalk Zone. Although she's got excellent impressions of accents and dialects, she's still cringing to listen to most of the time.

Garland (Christopher Sabat)
GOD

Meh is the term I like to use. He didn't make Garland sound like I imagined him to be. I imagined Garland to have more of a showoff english tone from being a knight but at the same time coming off as tough and mean. Sabat blew the tough part WAY out of proportion. He overacted his part way too much. He's playing Garland, not Vegeta. He doesn't have to do 20 minute screams that cause him to pass out during recording (true story), he can calm down a bit.

The Emperor (Christopher Corey Smith)
Much as I hate this guy, his voice was actually great for the character. I have to say there is little competition for a better Emperor.

Agreed. I think he did a very good job as the Emperor. Few moments he really showed no effort in recording but all in all a good pick for cast.

Cloud of Darkness (Laura Bailey)
Heh, Lust for CoD? Nothing better.

As much as I love Laura, Cloud of Darkness is a stingy bitch not a sexy lady. This is one of the main reasons why I'm not a fan of Nomura, CoD was an ugly ugly bitch who was green all over and mean as all fuck and SOUNDED MEAN AS ALL FUCK through her dialogue in FF3. I wished that Nomura worked on his characters for design and let Amano work on HIS characters. Every character on the roster aside from the guys of FF7, 8, 10, 11 and 12, are his and he should have been allowed to give the characters he worked on their look and not Nomura's animetastic characters. Laura is a great VA but she was not right at all for CoD.

Golbez (Peter Beckman)
I first imagined Golbez sounding somewhat younger, but I remembered he was Lunarian, so he's probably REALLY old, so it actually fits "very well". And in battle, it's bone-chilling.

Golbez fit oh so right. I give a full thumbs up to this man though I couldn't find anything about him. He sounds so much like Tony Jay (an absolutely GODLY VA) who is best known for playing as Kingpin on the original Spiderman and as Chair-Face Chippendale of The Tick and that is why I admired him. He reminded me so much of the great man that I couldn't help but smile when he spoke. Yes he gave off an impression of being old as fuck but he was mysterious, sounded like a human goliath and ACTED.

Exdeath (Gerald C. Rivers)
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (insert fail death cry)

Sohohohosoho lame. I think you're post best sums him up.

Kefka (Dave Wittenburg)
Surprising that this is Kakashi's VA. Never thought he could be so nihilistic. .__. It's a great voice, though my friend RyuXander has him beat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdXWNdKo4zc

UGH! Once again another voice who makes my ears bleed but at least James A. Taylor ACTED. Wittenburg's performance was depressing and sounded so horrible whenever he spoke. And his laugh! UGH!!! I wanted to punch my computer screen when I first heard his laugh. Disappointing for all Kefka fans.

Sephiroth (George Newbern)
Great as Nooj, terrible as Sephy. Sorry, Sephy should not be that deep toned. Lance Bass did way better.

Laaaaaaaame. Let me say it again, laaaaaaaaame. When the hell did Sephiroth become... fucking monotone? I remember playing FF7 and he would shout, he would laugh maniacally, he would shake and twitch and over all be FUCKING NUTS. AC ruined Sephiroth (even though he's one of my least liked villains in the series) but they made me dislike a character even more than before.

Ultimecia (Tasia Valenza)
SSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXXXXXXXXXXXXYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good voice, although gets annoying after too long.

When I played FF8 and from the way Ultimecia's lines were spelled, I thought she would be German or something and she would sound more aggressive. I don't care if she is the amazing woman who played Sniper Wolf, she made Ultimecia sound..... meh. She didn't give me the threatened and horrified feel like she did in FF8. Disappointing.

Kuja (JD Cullum)
Great for Kuja, although I need to see his other projects to compare it to them.

Hrmmmm... I think he did an alright job but I was expecting more from him. Kuja should sound more poetic, more theatrical and Shakespearean. Don't overact it but come off as a thespian.

Jecht (Gregg Berger)
FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is no Jecht unless it's Gregg Berger, he actually sounds drunk.

Mother Fucking Gregg Berger. I am a big fan of GB not only because we have the first same name (except minus one G in his first name) and not only do we have the same initials, but he is a great voice over. Gregg did a great job as Jecht (even in FFX with its faulty direction). In the game, Gregg was my favorite performance but Keith David was the voice to win overall in Dissidia.

Gabranth (Keith Ferguson)
Didn't think much of the character, but this voice actually worked, considering Mr. Ferguson is American, it was actually very well done. Smile

Keith is such an awkward voiceover and he does so many weird roles, the weirdest being Bloo of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends but he did a good job although not great as the entire cast for FF12 was so mediocre. It was an okay job and he did get the battle cries well done but his actual speaking lines were.... bad. I'll just keep it at that.

Cosmos (Veronica Taylor)
It's a great voice and very soothing, although that's probably because it's echoing. :p

Every time I hear her talk, I can only assume she will say "I CHOOSE YOU PIKACHU" for if you do not know, Veronica's most famous role is Ash Ketchem of Pokemon. She did a well job but she sounded a lot like Ash and I didn't see the goddess of peace, I saw some dumb fuck 10 year old promoting animal violence.

Chaos (Keith David)
I pretty much wet my pants when I heard GOLIATH would be playing the God of Discord himself. This is THE best villain voice EVER! He makes the battle worth playing over and over.

OH! OH GOD!!! *GASPING* Keith David! In my PSP! LE GASP!!! Keith David is one of the greatest voice overs to grace the planet and is without a doubt the game's star voice. Keith is so phenomenal as the god of evil that I shit my pants whenever he speaks. It's frightening, scary, lively, and ever so evil. Perfect in every sense of the word.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Thu May 06, 2010 1:46 pm

not that into depth, but all in all some were ok, others blah, nothing brilliant in my mind
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Thu May 06, 2010 3:31 pm

@Amarant, never played VI, so I can't really tell what Terra's personality is aside from her fear of power. But come to think of it, you're actually right about Tara Strong, I've never even heard her play a timid person, angsty, but not timid.

Question while I'm on the topic, how else could Kefka have been played? When I see a clown, I think of the Joker, insane and ever so giggly. Again, I haven't played VI, so if he had some serious lines, I wouldn't know, I just want your opinion.

After writing all of that, I actually started to think it wasn't the VAs fault the voices sucked (with exception for few), like Cloud, if he had a scene where he, I don't know, SMILED!!! And if he joked around a little more, I think I'd be in love with him. But it's actually the casting director's decision on who gets picked or not, so Steve Burton doesn't really have a choice but to bore the living daylights out of me.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Fri May 07, 2010 5:41 pm

I have. Raven is a darker, calmer tone with characters she's played as but that tone is not right. I still do not want her to play as Terra, she's not right for the part. Dissidia was awful at telling a brief bit of the characters and stories from each FF, I played Dissidia for gameplay.

Kefka should still be insane because he is but he's also a fucking hardass and torturous. How he murders an entire kingdom, always pushes the guards around, all and all he's evil. Dissidia's Kefka was just nuts and they did a bad job of his insanity. I did like how he would break fourth wall every now and then like whistling the victory fanfare and such but Wittenburg made an evil psychotic magic elite from the most powerful army into a cartoon character.

It was the script writing in general plus the changing to get rid of the swears because apparently they yell fuck and shit a few times in the Jap version and plus a lot of Japanese ports have shitty english voice acting because they generally do not care about the game. Directors just try to get the job done as fast as possible then go on with their lives, that's why 4Kids is an awful voicing company. Square has never gotten good VO's for any of their games. The only well voiced games to come out of there were Dragon Quest 8 and Kingdom Hearts because the Enix portion and Disney took care of the directing.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Fri May 07, 2010 8:18 pm

*cringes* You're not telling me 4Kids had something to do with DFF...right?! THAT EXPLAINS SO MUCH!!!!!!!

The Original characters from KH had "eh" voices. Riku's actually fit him well, Billy Zane was the perfect Ansem till Richard Epcar slayed him slowly with a butter knife. Sora annoyed me in the first one, he sounded more okay-ish in KHII, but in Re:CoM, his voice didn't match his face at all. The Org. XIII members all had pretty decent voices, with exception for Marluxia, didn't match him a bit.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Sat May 08, 2010 1:12 am

No, if 4Kids were behind the voicing for Final Fantasy all the black characters would be turned white like they did to fuck over One Piece plus Dan Green would play as fucking EVERY CHARACTER but you can't tell who is who because guess what, he does the same lulzy voice for every character...

Plus btw, 4Kids is out of business because they suck so hard.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Sat May 08, 2010 2:36 am

Good news. They ruined my life by censoring BLEACH...
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Sat May 08, 2010 5:49 am

Voice wise I'd say the majority did a meh job in my opinion. Wasn't perfect but was ok enough. Of course the ones who shine through I think are obvious too everyone.

Keith D, Gregg, James Arnold Taylor (Ratchet & Clank ftw BTW Razz ), Peter Beckman and Steve Burton (but only because he's voiced Cloud so much I'm used to it, hate the personality he has given my favourite Character (though like Amarant said, might not be his fault) (but Cloud and Seph have basically been raped by the comp series anyway, too late to repair that damage)).

Coming to the hard part now, the voices of Kefka and Sephiroth. Dave Wittenburg is bit of a weird mix playing his Kefka, sometimes I think he nails the role of the sadistic, insane and heartless clown (one notable line for me is when he says "Dreams are worth DIRT") but the next he makes the character come across as a childish, camp lacky ("I wanna play more"), though looking at the role he is playing, which in term is a batsh*t crazy 30 - 40 year old man who dresses as a clown and doesn't give a crap about anyone but himself, you can understand why he may have gone over the top a bit.

And coming to George Newbern its the same reason why Steve Burton is good for Cloud, because we are just used to it from the comp games. I will note he can give the cold "You're just a puppet" lines some justice, but it seems like he has just stereotyped the character has a cold, for some reason posh gentlemen maniac. Like Cap I'm wondering where are his laughing insanely moments (not these half assed little chuckles, the full on laughing to the point where he has to hold his chest to stop himself) and why the hell is he coming across as a evil mentor type villian (he manipulated you in the original cames, not had a lengthy chat about his opinions on why you are you). So to sum up he can play Sephs cold side but that seems to be the only aspect he knows
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

http://sonicfanatics.forumsmotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Sat May 08, 2010 11:26 am

My mistake was playing the full comp series before even trying VII, it may have affected my liking for it even more than already.

But after actually playing VII (or what I actually completed) Sephiroth would've been a badass character if they didn't give him a voice, it's more convincing imagining him laughing something like Kira from Death Note, instead of talking as a gentleman like RYCloud said. I still would've enjoyed a higher pitched voice, it's a fetish of mine for cool characters with exception for Golbez and Ansem cause it just fits them.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Sat May 08, 2010 12:56 pm

TherathxRikku wrote:Good news. They ruined my life by censoring BLEACH...

...4Kids doesn't dub Bleach, that's VIZ Media.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Sun May 09, 2010 3:01 pm

Same difference, kids companies ruined my life.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:38 pm

(A lot of copying and pasting)

Keith David as Chaos was an obvious choice, so he stays.

Grant George was under-acted and a little emotionless, but hey, He is a hardened warrior with no fear. It was fitting, but I can think of more appropriate.

Sure Johny Yong Bosch did the Same ole voice for Firion, but it was a solid voice-over (I'd rather him play Warrior of Light but use a deeper tone to show maturity)
(Personally I thought Quinnton Flynn would've been pretty good here)

Arron Spann is a new guy, and honestly it was appropriate to me because of the character's lack of experience. Could it be better? sure, but it fit.

Yuri Lowenthal was perfect on the DS remake, so was he bad here? Yeah, unfortunately this part was over-acted which puzzles me as to why there was such a difference in quality. The biggest problem is that he is instantly recognizable and doesn't have much differentiation between roles. And because of the fact that He was the voice of Sasuke, you hate any role that he plays. Dissidia wasn't his best role, look up vids of the DS, he was great there.

Jason Spisak, Really don't know where he came from but I'd say if he'd stop under-acting and (If god willing) dissidia had better direction, He'd be fine as Bartz. You need to finish FF5 to get a good handle on his Character.

Terra needz moar development and less pause acting.

Steve Burton, sorry bro but I don't think anyone could play Cloud better. I'd like him better if Square finally made him less mopey, but I digress.

Doug Erholtz, just because you like David Boreanaz better doesn't mean Doug isn't good. Remind me why you hate him, because last I remember, you had complained about how he whined and moaned all the time... I went through all his voice files and the only instance of whining was one of his loss quotes. (Sorry I can't directly quote right now) Squall is a Taciturn, He doesn't like people nor does he show emotion. He's a loner, and Doug got the Cold and Lonesome voice just fine. (Not to say there isn't room for improvement)

Bryce Papenbrook, Overall under-acted, and the fact that everyone wanted Vic Mignogna didn't help. Have him removed so He doesn't get a terrible rap from one spinoff.

The only Tidus in existence is James Arnold Taylor... Everyone knows that.

Christopher Sabat, Not who I would've imagined at all, but I gotta say it.
I LOVED IT!

Christopher Corey Smith, Another well done voice. I do think they should Modify His voice when He goes ex-mode to reflect his transformation. (He should go permanent ex-mode in the later story)

Laura Bailey, not right for CoD, solid voice, but I don't remember her trying to get in your pants in the original...

While I enjoyed Anthony Landor on the DS FF4 (possibly due to the pleasant echo from the studio) but Peter Beckman did a good job.

more later...
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:18 pm

i heard the same lowenthal in both versions, no difference whatsoever.

erholtz has a whine 24/7, takes a keener ear to hear it but you hear a constant grumbling. he also does that god-awful quick sigh at the end of his sentences. boreanaz wasnt terrific either, but he didnt annoy the piss out of me.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:18 pm

I have a feeling Squall himself annoys the piss out of you...
Grumbling perfectly fits a character like squall. He doesn't rely on anyone else, and when he was forced to cooperate with people, he was upset and unenthusiastic. How else would you direct such a jerk character?

As for Yuri, I heard the stupid British accent removed in the DS, and it sounded wonderful. The words of a tortured soul redeemed was great in that game.

I'm telling you dude, Dissidia didn't have great voice direction. (Moving on)

Gerald C. Rivers, Has the right voice and the right tone for Exdeath, but they probably should have labeled him as Neo Exdeath, because of the fact that he couldn't shut up about the VOID!!!!! Better direction + Lessons in being a megalomaniacal demon spirit bent on Using a forbidden power to reform the world as he sees fit, and It'll be fine.

Dave whittenburg, Odd role, odder character. I do admit he wasn't exactly "Evil" enough, but he got the crazy part down... but I never finished FF6 so I'm not sure where to go for this one.

George Newborn, Perfect!
I concede that Lance bass fit the part, but he'd only be fitting to voice Sephy in the original FF7, ya'know, the one where he's actually crazed. But for the rest of Sephiroth's appearances, The cocky, cold, and Heartless tone of George fits like no else.

Tasia Valenza, same for Ultemecia as CoD... Needs less sexy (not that I'm complaining though...), more mean and discontented. Keep her, but re-direct the lines perhaps. Also, widen her vocabulary, she says Time about five times per sentence....... damnit...

JD Cullum, Same for Kuja as CoD... He needs to stop trying to make kuja sound sexy... Its disturbing. But It was a good pick

As with J/A/T, *Gets tipsy* There ain't no way, nobody can play the Drunkie better. Gregg berger... stay thirsty my friends.

No comment on Shanttoto. She's freakin evil...

Garbranth fit, but a reprisal would beat him here.

Cosmos... Didn't sound anything like ash... Dunno what you were listening to. Pretty face + Pretty voice, This is why we're heroes mah bois...
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:43 pm

Yes, but all the characters had revelations, Squall's was to finally learn to play nicely with others. You'd figure the whine would dissipate at that point, but nope. Another thing, I compare his voice as Squall in KHII as well, he grumbles in that game, even though Squall's more than willing to help anyone he can.

I'm aware that Dissidia's voice direction was terrible, otherwise someone who actually had a brain stem would think, "maybe these characters need emotion...nah, no one'll notice."

Exdeath was terrible, overplayed to the T. You can tell whenever Rivers lowers his voice ever more, that he is forcefully lowering his tone beyond his capability, we should've had Michael Clarke Duncan (the black guy from the Scorpion King) play him instead. >_>

I couldn't complain with JD Cullum, Kuja's conceit is apparent two seconds into any scene with him in it. He believes he is the most beautiful man ever to walk the earth, so he needs to sound overconfident as well as sexy. Disturbing as it was, it sums up Kuja in a nutshell.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:08 pm

Kuja was actually a good voice over

Rivers just needs to make Exdeath less void happy, and more FF5 evil, though I do agree with your suggestion though. It'd be SWEET!!!

Even if squall learned to play nice, he still doesn't have to like it. Its part of the tough guy act he puts up. It fits, yet could be improved.

Discuss more Jason Spisak.
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:39 am

The void happy Exdeath is Square's fault.

Jason Spisak doesn't even appear on my radar.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:13 am

Hrm, Maybe it'd fit to make a list of the voice acting roles to replace then, kinda like the OP.
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:42 pm

The way my luck works, they'll be changing the good voices, I'm wondering whether or not Chaos will be involved or not.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:17 pm

regardless, make your list young critic
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrantWave Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:21 am

The only VA that I don't like is Chaos.

He just sounds funny, not evil. "Do I haaaaaaaave to fight you?"
TyrantWave
TyrantWave

http://tyrantwave.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:04 am

^You insult le creme de la creme, Keith David?! Well, YOU sir, are entitled to your opinion. >.<

@Zane, already made one, dude. >_>
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrantWave Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:44 pm

I'm not insulting Keith, I'm insulting his job as Chaos.

Seriously, in cut scenes he sounds like Al Bundy.
TyrantWave
TyrantWave

http://tyrantwave.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:46 am

If I knew who that was, then I'd have a comeback. lol Seriously, though, if you don't like his voice, I can't say anything. :p
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next