FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
Dissidia 2 Confirmed - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
Dissidia 2 Confirmed - Page 13 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
Dissidia 2 Confirmed - Page 13 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
Dissidia 2 Confirmed - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
Dissidia 2 Confirmed - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
Dissidia 2 Confirmed - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
Dissidia 2 Confirmed - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
Dissidia 2 Confirmed - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
Dissidia 2 Confirmed - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Dissidia 2 Confirmed

+10
Leonknight
Larc
RYCloud92
Zane the pure
DarkUltima
The Cap'n
Nightmare
Erel
Archangel
Claire
14 posters

Page 13 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

Dissidia 2 Confirmed - Page 13 Empty Re: Dissidia 2 Confirmed

Post by RYCloud92 Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:29 am

Just a video I found of Cloud Vs Desperado, the only reason I am posting it is because of Desperado's health.

Nice to see that Break HP Limit is in it.

Also posting it to show that dC can nearly be beaten fairly easily as he attacks dead slow.

Another thing, I dug up info and Desperado is only playable when you play 012's version of Inward Chaos (no idea what its called though). And Gilga and Prishe are only unlocked by finding the secret cutscenes hidden in reports (when you find blue text press [] and a scene will start)
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

http://sonicfanatics.forumsmotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:04 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evDUEhaTlwA
Bastard moogles...
If you think you're hot in front of moogles, they'll set you up with this.

Last edited by Zane the pure on Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonknight Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:11 am

Any character is easily beaten using linkers such as Cloud...all he did in that video was spam Ver. 5, hell OK can easily kill normal Chaos. Desperado barely had a chance to use any of his Brave attacks or HP attacks...also Regnum Dei and Nex Ultimus are EXTREMELY..and I mean EXTREMELY overpowered(his ex burst and finisher respectively)
Leonknight
Leonknight

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:29 am

Damm.....he must have some flaw otherwise this is retarded.
I will find it

Also in the meantime digging up info on the File transfer system. Apparantly if you opt to tranfer data from your 1st Dissidia save you are given 2 options.

Option 1) Level reset- Character levels reset to Lv 1, transfer bonus is an Elixir set. Accessory slots, player icons and PP catalog will carry over

Option 2) Strong New Game - Character levels remain the same, bonus is an Elixir set. Abilities, AP, --accessory slots, player icons and PP catalog will carry over

Pretty nice of square to think of that really. This way people who want to have a new experience but feel rewarded for playing the first can use Level Reset and those (like me) who don't want to lose any of their hardwork can start back from the same. Although I can't think of many people who would choose the 1st option seeing as though the story doesn't use any of the 1st Dissidia's characters as playable characters.

It also seems that the story mode will have 3 Difficulties. Normal, Hard and Hardest (not confirmed titles).

All of this info I found from a person who has translated all of the menu text on the Japanese version of 012
http://www.pspgweber.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=24614

Looking at his translation of the PP shop it does make me laugh that normal Chaos is for purchase as a CPU only. It would have been better if he was made playable and had Desperado as the CPU option.
Having said that I suppose his ex-burst and the fact that he was only created to be played on one level makes that difficult.
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonknight Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:37 am

The Beast's Ex Finisher..skips the first part(which u can do by press Rtrigger+square)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2eUFFEd5zQ

Desperado does have major flaws

1. His Large hit box, he is fkin huge..enough said. And in small maps like Pandemonium he is fked.

2. Constantly decreasing Brave Pool, this can be offset by his own special support ability to stop that

3. Assist Gauge and Ex Gauge Locked at empty, again can be remedied by his own special support ability.

4. basic brave and hp attacks take up the largest amount of CP of any character....meaning he may have to sacrifice some support abilities or attacks
Leonknight
Leonknight

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:10 pm

"Option 1) Level reset- Character levels reset to Lv 1, transfer bonus is an Elixir set. Accessory slots, player icons and PP catalog will carry over"
Pretty obsolete option when the game allows you to manually lower your level at any time not just the vs matches...

But for those like Nemo who're mostly putting stock into story validity and replay value, Its not entirely out of place...

But yeah, been playing bits and pieces of the Jap version, and its really fun albeit, the CPU's pull hax moves now... they're not dumb anymore, they bait, punish, and Kefka's damage output is skyhigh now...

Anywho, hope prologus actually appears soon... Gonna love the ENG play.
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:13 am

Square is kind to us for once? SAY IT ISN'T SO!! I'm definitely picking option 1, otherwise, 75% of the time log I'd be putting into this will be thrown out the window. And the whole purpose of buying a game is to play it over and over, am I right?

Desperado Chaos looks too broken, even with all those limiters. I'd definitely use it when I'm bored and fighting computers, but I'd never use him against a human player, would be epic at that point.

[quote=LeonKnight]Any character is easily beaten using linkers such as Cloud[/quote}
I beg to differ. Cloud needs to be in perma-EX before he's any threat to me. OK is pretty easy to block, too.
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:07 pm

@Nemo well as I mentioned the story only uses the new Cosmo characters, and seeing as though the new story uses a world map system and has its own dungeons then play time could be double then amount of the original. (this is obviously a guess).

Me I'm going option 2 mainly because I dont want to waste time leveling the Emperor, Shattoto and Onion Knight back to 100.
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:22 pm

Me, I'm going for some epic gameplay, above average story, and a metric F-ton of re-playability.

For those of you who would like a better view of Kain's English voice.
Liam O'Brien
http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/03/09/dissidia-012-kain-the-noble-dragon
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:18 pm

Liam O'Brien isn't too bad. He's a voiceover that's given the wrong rolls. There have been a few characters he's played that I actually really liked. I think his main issue is he tries too hard to keep a very deep voice. His voice is already low pitched so if he speaks normally he does a good job like if anyone's played Persona 3, he's one of the main characters and is a socially awkward athlete who's trying to overcompensate his boring personality (and small weenie) by being the greatest boxer to ever live. His voice fit perfectly with the character because he's not so social with others he sounds like he keeps to himself but he's very cocky with his athetic skills so he always gets excited when talking about fucking energy bars. Kain is one of his worst rolls but all the voices for FFIV DS were awful with the exception, in my mind the perfect voice for this character, Golbez.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonknight Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:19 pm

Liam O'Brien is win in my books...Archer ftw!! <<;
Leonknight
Leonknight

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:07 pm

Only role I liked from o' Brien was Diz the Wicked from Tales of Abyss. It was funny, and his voice was pretty much perfect given how much of a nutball Diz was, but all the other roles he played, I just didn't care for.

Unlike Yuri Lowenthal who's only semi decent role was something I was forced to listen to for the entirety of the game and I came to kinda like it. I don't think I can emphasize enough how much he completely killed my childhood idol, Cecil. But who am I to judge? :/

Kain will be awesome, anyway. Much like Cecil, if you can ignore what flaws there are in the voice acting and focus on the gameplay and the sentimental value that is held with each character, the game will be decent.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonknight Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:23 pm

-is probably the only person who doesn't mind any of the voices-
Leonknight
Leonknight

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:52 pm

Well considering you gave up after maybe 7% of the game, I can't blame for the mix up...
to quote him "Dist the reap- I mean ROSE DAMNIT! >Sad"

Anyways, Like I predicted, the voice grew on me (already) and I did notice the exhale after 80% of his lines, but the distance between clips had been cropped and that aside, its not that hard to look past...

But of course save for LeonKnight, FF "fans" continue to be impossible to satisfy...
Can't blame y'all really being ignored all the time, but it does get annoying.
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:53 am

The least they could have done was get someone with TALENT to play Cecil, it's all I ask.

So, me and Zane have come up with a theory as to what Desperado Chaos is, but due to forum rules, I must do something drastic.

Spoiler:
Seriously, don't click it unless you really think I might be wrong.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:30 am

I guess voice acting in JRPG's never really bugged me until I played a game with superior voice acting that really brought the characters to life. For example, the Mass Effect series and Dragon Age series has some of the best VA I have heard, Alan Wake also has great voice acting...then I started to look at JRPG's in a different light, and realized just how bad some of the VA was...not all of it, but about half of the characters
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:24 pm

I bitch about voiceovers because I'm going into the buisness. Right now, I'm spending 30 grand a year to learn how to properly record on mic and to work in a recording studio. It's a hard buisness to get into unless you're very good at it and it pains me to listen to bad quality recordings. The acting can be fantastic but then the voices have so much static and feedback that it's hard to hear what they're saying. XII suffered from that and it really hurt the overall audio of the game. Dissidia has rather painful voices that sound very monotone and halfassed and I can almost tell the guys working the recording and the voice directors don't give a shit about the work if they allow this to go on. It pisses me off that someone who puts little effort into their work keeps being hired. But there's also the contract of signing up to be a role in any show or game and every time that character show up, you gotta voice them no matter what and people want to listen to the same voices because they can't stand constant voice changes unless a voice actor died.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:38 pm

English trailer

It also reveals the release date of Prologus

I have to say, seeing a real world map has me hyped, I hope it means a slight retrun to form for Square.
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:53 pm

@Cap'n, you speak the truth. Actors like Yuri Lowenthal absolutely astound me because he continues to be hired and is constantly labeled a "Professional". I'm going into the business too, and I think I'm half decent, and throwing all modesty out the window, I could kick Yuri Lowenthal's ass out of the park. I have nothing against him personally (aside from destroying Cecil), but as a professional-ish voice actor, I just hate his voice.

Nice to see that Prologus is finally being released, although I won't have internet on Tuesday, so I can't get it until next Sunday. Meaning I'll have two days to play it until the offical game releases, which REALLY sucks.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:43 am

I'm actually debating with myself whether to get it, it mainly depends on how good the Aerith assist is
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:32 pm

I did think that world map looked a hell of a lot cooler than a chess board
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:05 pm

My main motivation for Prologus is the side story. It's supposed to be seperate from the official game. Plus, I need to practice on the system before it actually releases.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:38 pm

Speaking of story I've been digging up some new information

Some of this I will attempt to spoiler some I won't, read at your own risk.

Upon completion of the 012 story line the story of 013 (the first Dissidia) will be available to play, however how this works is unknown to me (I know it uses a chapter system but thats as much as I know). Once finishing the first chapter of 013 you will be able to read reports which detail more of the plot and also allow players to unlock Gilgamesh and Prishe (report 8 ). If these are interactive or not is unknown (however I have read that report 8 requires you to play it to unlock the characters but I also read that you are required to press the Square button when certain text appears).

Now onto some of the main roles and bits and pieces of the story, look at your own peril.

Memories (Dissidia)
Spoiler:

Father and Son (X)
Spoiler:

Childhood friends (VII)
Spoiler:

Wild Dragoon (IV)
Spoiler:

Breaking Free (VI)
Spoiler:

I actually came up with the titles myself, I hope those who look at this information find it helpful. I have made sure not to include to mainy juicy of detail but have included some things which may spoil certain elements. Personally I believe "Father and Son", "Childhood Friends" and "Breaking Free" won't reveal too much but instead will just answer some questions people have been nagging it (mainly why Cloud, Terra and Tidus are on the opposing sides)
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:10 pm

Guess I'm alone on that one too...
Thanks for the details, but me personally, I've already looked into almost all of it, just like the last game.
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:34 pm

No problemos

Also found out that Zidane and Kuja will be getting DLC Costumes and will be first buy only of some upcoming DLC for Dissidia.
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next