FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
Skyrim EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
Skyrim EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
Skyrim EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
Skyrim EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
Skyrim EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
Skyrim EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
Skyrim EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
Skyrim EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
Skyrim EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Skyrim

+6
Tainted Dreamz
Leonknight
Boko_The_Holy_Knight
Darkness Phoenix
Erel
Archangel
10 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Skyrim Empty Skyrim

Post by Archangel Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:20 pm

The newest edition to the Elder Scrolls Series, who's gettin this game? I will be, I'm not a huge Bethesda fan, but Skyrim LOOKS vastly improved upon what Oblivion did. Oblivion was a solid game, but had a lost missing imo. I'm excited for Skyrim, I just hope it's polished and doesn't have 300 bugs/glitches
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Skyrim Empty Re: Skyrim

Post by Erel Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:53 am

I am really excited for this game. In fact it would be the first game on my Midnight Release schedule in a long while.

I honestly believe that it will be better than Oblivion. I just read some stuff on Game Informer and man... I can't get anymore juiced for this game. lol. 11/11/11!
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:45 pm

If Bethesda used the Fallout 3 engine for Skyrim then....the game is gonna be a bugs/glitches nightmare.
Darkness Phoenix
Darkness Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Boko_The_Holy_Knight Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:02 pm

Im sure they will make a better engine...
Boko_The_Holy_Knight
Boko_The_Holy_Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:03 pm

It doesn't look like it...they forced Fallout 3's engine on New Vegas's developer instead of using a different one like the unreal engine 3.
Darkness Phoenix
Darkness Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Boko_The_Holy_Knight Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:12 pm

Should have used the frostbite 2 engine!
Boko_The_Holy_Knight
Boko_The_Holy_Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:44 pm

Oblivion wasn't too horrible on the glitches part. Neither was Fallout 3. Or at least I experienced little harassment from all the bugs. I can't say the same for New Vegas.

Besides with a game as big as Elder Scrolls, bugs and glitches are meant to happen. I've accepted it and moved on. I have never let that hinder the epic gaming feel. Unless of course it freezes everytime I turn on the game then that's a problem.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:37 am

Well I guess I see it a bit differently, I feel like if I'm paying full price for a game, I deserve a finished, polished product, not one with a bunch of little bugs here and there. Like you Erel, I didn't have many problems with Oblivion and Fallout 3, but in Oblivion there were a few oddities such as ppl floating, standing on chairs, and not to mention that playing in third person was terrible--it looked like your player was floating across the land. That being said, so far everything that I have seen from Skyrim looks like these things have been fixed, but we will have to wait and see. And yes it would probably have been nicer on the Unreal engine, but oh well
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:38 am

It's just right there...... Holy shit. This anticipation.... I haven't felt this nerve racked since My wait for FFXIII and Mass Effect 2.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:57 am

I'm not really hyped, I'm just kind of....waiting
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:59 am

I'm probably going to disappear again when this game comes out. I know that ill drop every game for a long time when this game hits my ps3.

Hell I've waited for this game for 4 years. "Hyped" isn't exactly a word to describe my attention.

Hahahahahha. It'll hold me over until Mass Effect 3 comes to town.

Unless of course it fails. But seeing the success of Oblivion because of what it brings on the table for the rpg world, I think its only meant to surpass expectations.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:01 am

Oblivion was a solid game imo, but nothing spectacular, I still think it is a bit overrated. I mean it looked like crap, handled like crap in third person, annoying voice acting, a mediocre story, a lot of the caves looked the same. Honestly my favorite part of Oblivion was all of the seperate guild quests and storylines
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:46 pm

'overrated', but A few million can't be wrong right? Let's put FFVII into play shall we? I myself have said/say that it was over rated, but in the grand scheme of things it is well liked because it IS a good game, just not the best Final Fantasy. But I guess we can loop it back to the fact that the statement is my opinion. And the opinions of the many always over power the minority. You may think its over rated, but the fan base it has for sure says other wise. Like most games, certain people see something spectacular in it and some don't. In this case, most people see how great it was/is, some don't/didn't.

And yeah it wasn't the greatest looking game but you also have to remember that came out when X360 was young {2006 I believe} and PS3 was just coming out. Bethesda and everyone else was just tapping into the 'next gen's' capability. And from the looks of stills and videos, Elder Scrolls V has a big improvement on graphics, doesn't it?

And honestly I had no problems with the 3rd person aspect, in fact it was better for me to handle it that way than 1st, unless I was shooting arrows. So let's put it in comparison to lets say, Fable which I say falls in the same genre of Massive RPG. Fable's controls is just Hack and Slash {at least one and two, I didn't play 3, I heard it was crap, but I have no solid say on it} and I have no qualms with Hack and Slash and repetitive game play, I play them all the time, but how it offered the action wasn't anything new and fresh. In fact it was clunky at times and a bit out dated, fun, but it didn't offer anything new. Oblivion was trying to offer something new, it didn't do it great, but it did its job at that time and from the looks of things in Elder Scrolls V, they are building on the success and working on the failures.

Voice over? I don't really care much about that. They didn't annoy me, they didn't entice me. Honestly I Don't let voices ruin my game. IF it's really that bad there's always mute and subtitles.

So unless this game fails to deliver, I'm going to say that it will be one of those games that will live up to what fans wanted and need. I'm tired of games offering 10 hours of game play for the price of $70. I can guarantee that if this game is in your alley and once again, if it doesn't fail to deliver that it will give you your money's worth. I have a hard time staying with one game but Mass Effect, Disgaea, and Elder Scrolls has had me stuck on them the moment they come out. No other games can do that for me in this day and age.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:55 pm

It's like Erel said Oblivion came out back when the 360 was still young.
Darkness Phoenix
Darkness Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:11 pm

Good points Erel and I understand where you are coming from. FF7 and Oblivion are both games that I think benefit from fanboys and ppl who think they have no flaws. Do I love FF7? Yes, but it does have its flaws, just as Oblivion did. I just don't like going onto boards and ppl talking about Skyrim getting perfect scores or GOTY when none of us have even had a chance to play it yet. Am I excited for Skyrim? Yes, but I want to remain objective about the game as well.

Ok, so the graphics aren't a big deal for Oblivion, and your right Skyrim looks beautiful, I'm just wondering if anything will suffer such as framerate, bugs or glitches bc it is such a massive game.

If you liked the third person view, that's fine, I just thought it was almost unplayable, and I never meant that Oblivion wasn't fun, I just gameplay was repetitive at times, and your right about Fable being repetitive, I think what made Fable enjoyable however was the mini games, raising a family, having a job, the humor, etc that the game worked into its gameplay. I know you couldn't have thought that Oblivion had a great story, and that is something that I hope changes for Skyrim, bc if it has a great story to back its open universe, that would be awesome.

VA's aren't that important, but good ones do enhance the characters and the universe they are in, and make it that much more enjoyable to play in. I know that Skyrim will offer countless hours of gameplay, and I am looking forward to that, I just hope that they are hours of fun, and not hours of fetch quests or something I'm doing just for an achievement. I think what makes Bethesda games so popular is the massive sandbox feel to them and the fact that you can do whatever you want whenever you want, and that's great, some people love that, but sometimes I think it is nice to have a bit of a sense of direction as well. In Skyrim, there will be endless possibilities for you to explore, I'm just hoping that there is something there that makes you want to search in each area, not just for the hell of it
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:08 am

***on another note, I just pre-ordered from amazon. I love buying games from them bc of all of the promotional credits they offer
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:47 am

After work I'll be picking up this game on the local gamestop.

So long and good bye for al little while. Twisted Evil

catch me on ps3 when need be!
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:23 am

so your getting it at midnight then?
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:28 am

Yessir. As soon as I get off of work I'm going to get some coffee and wait in line.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:57 am

sounds like a good ol time
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:46 pm

I watched Gametrailers review last night and they encorauge people to have multiple save files just in case.
Darkness Phoenix
Darkness Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am

well, I see bugs and glitches are once again present in the game, hopefully it doesn't affect it too much, it's kinda sad that this was expected from bethesda tho
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:52 pm

So on my way to work.... Found free time away from it. I've been playing it non stop, 20 hours into it and everything has been smooth. The wait was well worth it for me.

@Zack: according to g4 there are slight graphic glitches happening on the 360 version. There will be a patch coming soon, maybe they'll remedy these bugs you are experiencing. Like I said mine is smooth sailing. No bugs, no glitches, just plain awesomeness. And not that I care too much at this moment, but 360 will also be receiving the dlc first.

But there are many pros and little cons for me. I'll delve into it later. Right now I gotta bite the bullet and work my shift then when I'm off, ill be back in Tamriel.

Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:17 am

just started last night, you know what would really make Skyrim great is if we could enter each other's worlds, and do quests in a co-op fashion
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:42 am

Ran Across my first bug. Non missioned Dragon quests, for some reason I have slain 2 and their souls don't get absorbed. Not that it matters *right now* but If I keep slaying these gigantic legendary reptiles and get no souls, I'm not going to be able to learn all my shouts.

However I could still loot and plunder Scales and Bones which sell well and I assume it will help make my Dragon armor later, if there is one. Which previous Elder Scrolls have had a Dragon Armor.

Other than that, having a blast. A dark Elf 'battle mage/assassin/ archer' with the curse of Lycanthropy... isn't that beautiful?
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum