FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
Final Fantasy XIII - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
Final Fantasy XIII - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
Final Fantasy XIII - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
Final Fantasy XIII - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
Final Fantasy XIII - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
Final Fantasy XIII - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
Final Fantasy XIII - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
Final Fantasy XIII - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
Final Fantasy XIII - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Final Fantasy XIII

+6
Tainted Dreamz
Leonknight
Claire
Archangel
Just_Smile
Erel
10 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Final Fantasy XIII - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Fantasy XIII

Post by Erel Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:19 am

Don't remember XII quite that much. Was it numeric or like FFX?
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:28 am

12 had the License board, which in a way is similar to 10's style, but simpler, without all of the pathways and such, im excited, but my eyes are on getting mass effect 2 tomorrow--IGN rated it 9.6 (higher than Uncharted 2)
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:25 pm

{On a different note, I'll pretend Zack didn't rub in that he is playing Mass Effect 2 and I'm not}

I don't know if I was a big fan of the sphere grid and the license board, but hey, as long as I am able to tweak my character out to fit battles, I'll be happy.

I wasn't fond f the sphere grid for a while then I got used to it. Didn't play FFXII enough to like it.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tainted Dreamz Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:33 am

Yeah I didn't like the whole new sphere grid idea of leveling up, but it's kind of grown on me now, the fact you get to choose what to put in.
Tainted Dreamz
Tainted Dreamz

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:04 pm

The sphere grid was super easy but really annoying. The license board was very simple and easy to use and I liked it to an extent, but it is no way more appealing as FF6's esper system and FF9's equipment system, if only FF12 didn't suck story wise then this game might have been in my top 5 FF's.

Leveling sounds like it will be simple and friendly if it's going through the license system. On another forum, they said you buy weapons through Xbox Live and PS Network if I'm not mistaken or not?
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:51 pm

I haven't heard about that as of yet, but Gamestop did confirm here in the US that they are having a collector's edition, and pre orders and/or Collector's editions usually comes with DLC bonus of some sort.

This is the first FF in the new gen so I'm sure they will take advantage of the DLC capability of both PS3 and X360.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:13 pm

Im sure you can get some bonus weapons and gear from DLC, but I highly doubt you would HAVE to buy from live, why would anyone buy the game?
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:37 am

So... it is 2/9/10.

It is exactly a month til the release of FFXIII. As a tribute to the new installment of Final Fantasy, I geeked out my Ps3 accordingly.

Final Fantasy XIII - Page 2 IMG_1268

One more month, and I shall see when this pivotal FF actually lives up to the expectation I have.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Want PS3 for God of War III. And if I get the cashola, I'll rent XIII and give my full imput. The Dragoon Lady is a fox, grrrrowl, so that will give me a reason to play it. Plus Snow looks like a manly version of Seifer... he really looks like Seifer because of the coat and the hat he wears is the same to KH2's Seifer.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:10 pm

He looks like Owen Wilson without the broken nose to me.

From what I heard at any rate there are no Towns. That is one big complaint Die Hard FF's have. I guess I got used to it in FFX, but yeah. I want the towns! I have a feeling that this won't feel like a Final Fantasy and I might have to base my input on it as a different game. To be honest, FFIX was the last one that felt like a classic FF {of course FFVIII, FFVII delivered}. FFX had the emotion and somewhat of the battle system but there was something about it that separated it for me.

Vanille is so doable. Her and Rikku on the same table woudl be a (*Y)$@)%*#@_. Ahem.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:00 pm

ya the town thing is kinda disappointing, but this ff13 is supposed to more linear, we will just have to wait and see what its like
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Just_Smile Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:04 pm

Uhhhh... No towns ?! That's one of my favorite parts on the FF series.. But I'm still curious how it turns out.

And lol, Luccie you've got a funky playstation ! x3

Erel wrote:
I have a feeling that this won't feel like a Final Fantasy and I might have to base my input on it as a different game. To be honest, FFIX was the last one that felt like a classic FF {of course FFVIII, FFVII delivered}. FFX had the emotion and somewhat of the battle system but there was something about it that separated it for me.

Well, I think the FF feeling is "lost" with FFX because FF was completely renewed ?

The old PS1 FF's have some awesome, hand-made-ish backgrounds and with FFX it got all 3D.
IX charmes me because of the "oldness". I like the backgrounds and the pixel characters and it gets a different feeling in my opinion. There's more of course
Just_Smile
Just_Smile

http://sillyhearts.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:41 pm

zack'scloud wrote:ya the town thing is kinda disappointing, but this ff13 is supposed to more linear, we will just have to wait and see what its like

But every Japanese RPG is linear. The only games in the FF series that did not feel so linear were 1-3. After that the games started drawing you a path to where you should go next.

And screw the whole "No Towns" thing... maybe. It really depends on the game. The environment is meant to make you feel that there is only one colony on the planet so that doesn't contradict its story.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:02 am

You know on a side note, I am totally upset I chose a PSP over a DS. DS has all the good handheld games godamnit while PSP had what, Dissidia and Crisis Core? Okay CC was okay. Dissidia got boring real quick.... DS has all the remakes including FFIV.

But back to FFXIII, once again It may not have the FF feel at all. But here's one thing, they did say this story line is going to be continuing for a decade like FFVII and we know that FFXIII Versus is coming out... so if this is only one colony of it... then maybe... they're going to make a gigantic game later to tie in all these 'colonies', maybe?
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:21 pm

ya im still not sold on the whole decade long thing, what if ff13 isn't as good as we hope, i dont want to be stuck for a decade with a good game, let alone a mediocre one
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:31 am

Well, I think they just want the franchise to keep going like they did with FFVII.

I mean that game lasted from 97 to 07 with all the sequels and special guest appearances and movies right? I mean you did buy into it Zack seeing how you loved FFVII and FFVIICC; You know me I'm a FFX/FFVI guy so FFVII was one of my fave FF's, but not my top 3 so for them to make that game last that long wasn't in my best interest, but I did play most of them and enjoyed them.

So to me they can probably do it again with the next gen capabilities. And you're right, AS LONG AS THE GAME IS GOOD.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:08 am

right, but at the same time the ff7 spinoffs were being made, they were still putting out different ff titles, i just that remains the case here
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:02 pm

Well on one note, FFXIV and FFXV are already on the talk so I'm guessing they should be.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonknight Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:36 pm

I honestly enjoyed all the games, even 7 i just hate it cause of all its damn popularity makes people look down on better titles (FFVIII), hell i played FFXI before i could afford it anymore and it was a great game. So i have good hopes for this game.

and for those people complaining about no towns...STOP LIVING IN THE DAMN PAST!!! FK!!!! TRY NEW DAMN THINGS!!!!

-.-; short fuse ftw
Leonknight
Leonknight

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:09 pm

But I want the towns! *sniff* JP. I'm going to give it a try of course. I didn't like it that much in FFX, and that was my favorite FF.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:17 pm

ya unfortunately ff14 is another online final fantasy, idk what ff15 is supposed to be about
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:25 pm

Unfortunately. But I wonder why the hell they started talking about FFXV anyways????
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:32 pm

who knows, it will be a long time before that comes out
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:19 am

Erel wrote:You know on a side note, I am totally upset I chose a PSP over a DS. DS has all the good handheld games godamnit while PSP had what, Dissidia and Crisis Core? Okay CC was okay. Dissidia got boring real quick.... DS has all the remakes including FFIV.

But back to FFXIII, once again It may not have the FF feel at all. But here's one thing, they did say this story line is going to be continuing for a decade like FFVII and we know that FFXIII Versus is coming out... so if this is only one colony of it... then maybe... they're going to make a gigantic game later to tie in all these 'colonies', maybe?

But PSP has Resistance, Darkstalkers, Daxter and a shit ton of awesome games. DS is leading in RPG's and puzzles though and I say the main reason to pick one up now is because of the Dragon Quest remakes of 4-6 (Six will be out later this year), Dragon Quest IX (named best DS game by many reviewers) and a ton of other insanely fun games. FFIV DS is good but it's not great. I prefer the original much more but seeing everything in shiny graphics is good but not great. FFIII is terrible. It's story is so random and everything just seems like it was cut and pasted together then added it's 4 whogivesashit main characters that add nothing to the story.

Yeah, fuck that decade thing of shitty spinoffs, we got enough of them thank you.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:35 am

Anything that a psp has that I am into the Ps3 can already supply. I rely on handhelds mostly for RPGs so DS defintely has it for me. The PSP though did make a good entertainment tool; but when I got an iPod, I didn't need a PSP for that reason so that's why I traded it in.

The one thing about FFXIII that I think they're going to do different is that I think they've planned on making this many games in one big world; I think. Unlike in FFVII where they started making story line up just to make another game, I think the FFXIIIs has base. Which won't justify if the many games are going to be crap.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next