FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
Mass Effect Series - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
Mass Effect Series - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
Mass Effect Series - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
Mass Effect Series - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
Mass Effect Series - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
Mass Effect Series - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
Mass Effect Series - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
Mass Effect Series - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
Mass Effect Series - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Mass Effect Series

+8
The Cap'n
RYCloud92
KOS-MOS-1701-A
Tainted Dreamz
Leonknight
Darkness Phoenix
Erel
Archangel
12 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Mass Effect Series - Page 8 Empty Re: Mass Effect Series

Post by Archangel Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:21 pm

Ok so what's everyones favorite characters from top to bottom?
I'm only going to list playable characters for the most part.

Garrus-my right hand man all the way, loved his character from beginning to the end, and his little romance with Tali in ME3 was hilarious

Wrex- blunt, to the point, and a badass krogan.

Legion- good character to actually give voice to the geth, and really made an impact on me in ME3

Tali-the best female character in the series, she's witty and mysterious, the mysterious portion probably being the reason I couldn't pull the trigger on the romance

Mordin-hilarious, and typical of the salarian species, seems to be a crowd favorite of a lot of fans

Miranda-my romance from ME2 through ME3. She has a rough bitchy exterior, but once you get to know her better, she softens up, and you learn a lot more about her and her hardships, plus she is smokin

Liara-never really cared for her character in the first game, but she made a big impact in ME3. I took her on almost every mission and she seemed to care about Shepherd the most.

Grunt-another cool krogan, but not as cool as Wrex

Thane-cool drell assassin, learned a lot about his history, his illness, and his loyalty, great character, wish he was around more.

Jack--pissed off badass chick who brought some renegade feel to the females in the series. Awesome backstory with Jack, and cool to see her transformation in the third game.

Ashley-ok at first, but got annoying, betrayed me in the second game which pissed me off, and then wanted to get back with me in the third. Forget that skank

Samara--meh, just kind of there

Kaiden--who?

Jacob--ok, just kind of there, not really polarizing on either end, not terrible, but not great

James--ME3's version of Jacob

Kasumi/Zaeed--Kasumi is definitely the better of the two, but we don't get to see enough of her.

Javik--probably the best dlc character to date, not what I thought a prothean would be like, but still he is a good character with a unique view on things and his own agenda

EDI--good character, but only there in physical to keep Joker company.

I might be forgetting someone but oh well, remind me
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Joker-memorable pilot throughout the series, Seth Green is the perfect fit as his VA, and fun to conversed with him

The Illusive Man--maybe one of the best villains of all time imo

Kai Leng--awesome entrance into the third game, class A asshole, and even more so in the novels
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:13 pm

I know that I can't really say much when it comes to the ending of ME3 since I haven't played it yet but... doesn't anyone think that all this hate towards the ending is getting out of control? Both EA and Bioware are being sue because of it *I know right* l'll admit that I have gotten my fair share of dissapointing endings from certain games but to go this far cause of an ending?
Darkness Phoenix
Darkness Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:20 pm

its ridiculous imo, I just give props to Bioware for changing it, when they don't have too, and I probably wouldn't, I have never seen a company do that before
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:46 pm

I think it's dumb. People should sue Square Enix for a dumb game like FFXIII-2 then if that's the case.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:21 pm

lol, the ending especially. Is anyone gonna give their thoughts on characters? I spent a lot of time on that dammit, cmon!
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:28 pm

I'll edit this post in a few Zack, but I'll probably give more insight on Shepard, Garrus, and Tali anyways. lol And yes, your post was good. Spoken like a true Mass Effect fan.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:39 am

where is RY at, shouldn't he be playing ME3 right now?
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:46 am

Would be but no money at the moment. Might get it at the end of April
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

http://sonicfanatics.forumsmotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:37 am

I love you Tali' Zorah Vas Normandy -She is aesthetic and probably one of the most attracting character I have encountered in the video game world (Second to Rikku). It's not just the fact she is a beautiful alien under that helmet and she has a very well endowed body with a complimenting suit that is 'snug' at all the right places, it's the fact that she has a very rich story that isn't just personally her, but to her whole people in general. But it is safe to say that her own inner struggles with the foot steps she has to follow and clean up with her father's death, the hope to one day to see her home world, and of course her undying infatuation/love for Commander Shepard and her aspiration to see him through to save the galaxy from the Reapers.

It doesn't hurt that she had a pretty awesome VA, a pretty good use as a character, and her dialogue was at times one of the most entertaining in more than one way; AKA Drunk Tali and nervous Tali when she enters Shepard's room to sail the milky way in the Captain's quarters. lol

She is also one of the characters that has been there in all three game.

"Keelah Se'Lai"

Garrus Vakarian- The One Turian that had stayed loyal to Shepard. We've all seen him from ME1 all the way to the end. Let's just say My female Shepard will be kissing his mandibles just for my love for him. His humor is wry at times but very comical at heart.

I'm also glad they kept him in all three games. Him as Archangel, just plain badass.

Urdnot Wrex- I love his character development. He was a straight dick in the first then became this wise leader at the end. Too bad he wasn't one of the party member; In fact there was no Krogan in the team at all!

Legion- The Geth that mysteriously wears Shepard's N7 armor. Bad ass of a character and his language is just so unique in its own way.

Mordin Solus- I'd have to say I'll agree with Zack with him being hilarious. His personality is whimsical at best and his singing just gets me every time Especially (***************). His involvement in the game is one of the pinnacles of the game's plot. Hell he was too damn important in ME2 but his quest for resolve in ME3; eye watery.

Miranda Lawson- Hott bitch. That's all she is. A hott bitch with the bitchy attitude and the ass for me to slap with my 'In me' Tool. That's all she is. I could care less about her, but her part in reviving Shepard in ME2 was crucial so... yeah.

Liara T'sonni- Meh. I didn't really care much for her.

Grunt- I love Grunt. Wish he was a playable. His undying lust for battle makes him a little more lethal than Wrex because he isn't the 'influential leader type' for peace. Favorite quote: "I don't need luck, I have ammo."

Thane Krios- The somber Drell. I didn't care much for his people, but his faith is intriguing. His philosophy before his act of assassinating and after makes him a very intriguing individual. It was a tragic thing to hear he is dying with his sickness. I kind of knew he wasn't going to be around for ME3 to fight.

Jack--I didn't care much for her, but I had a little bit more respect for her when I saw her in ME3. But a girl named: Jack?

Favorite quote: "Grab your balls out of your purse and kick some ass!"

Ashley Williams- I don't really care for this bitch.

Samara--Interesting, but I'll go with the MEH. Nice cleavage.

Kaiden--Seriously, I Second Zack, WHO?

Jacob Taylor-- Nothing great about this guy. He was the token character. THEY HAD to add a black guy in ME to cater to the mingling of racial profiling. Hey at least he didn't talk all ghetto and annoying. lol.

James Vega-- Yup. I'll second the whole Jacob version. Another racial profiling, instead this time, let's make this mother fucker buff.

Kasumi Goto-- I like Kasumi. Wished she was in ME3. But she wasn't too important and too crucial to add a special part in the game.

Zaeed Massani -- I love his accent and the fact that he is a gunner with extra quads. lol.

Javik--It was cool to see a Prothean in the game considering they are a key role race in the whole damn series.

EDI-- Meh. Awesome visuals. lol.

Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:04 pm

Zack'sCloud wrote:its ridiculous imo, I just give props to Bioware for changing it, when they don't have too, and I probably wouldn't, I have never seen a company do that before

I have heard that Bioware is gonna be fixing it by DLC but who knows.
Darkness Phoenix
Darkness Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:10 pm

@TGD that's the word on the street, and it will be sometime in April.

@Erel--I laughed my ass off about that comment on Jacob "at least he didn't sound all ghetto and annoying" hahaha

**on a side note, idk if anyone saw the little banner ad for ME3 that said "Des Moines will fall" "Take Des Moines back" and then "Take Earth Back" not really a big deal, but I thought it was cool bc I live by Des Moines in the rural state of Iowa, and we got noticed for a change. Cool
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:05 am

IM ORDER

URDNOT WREX- A warrior, a leader, a friend, a brother. Wrex was ME1's star character in my mind because he had the absolute most development of the entire cast. The once proud Battlemaster that had been betrayed by his own flesh and blood for believing that the Krogan could be united. Wrex was once a dreamer and was punished for it. But thanks to the great friends he makes aboard the Normandy, he regains confidence in himself to be the leader he was born to be. Wise, tough, a sharp tongue and plenty of ammo. Wrex was able to get the krogan people, who had been brainwashed with violence and pride to separate from their home to rejoin as one race, one clan, to fight for a better tomorrow. Wrex doesn't take shit from anyone either anymore now that he has gained the confidence to fight for what he believes in and it pays off with the cure that saved his people from extinction. Wrex is everything I love in a character and won my heart the day he joined the crew.

GARRUS VAKARIAN- Shepard's very best friend. Garrus had impacted me throughout the entire series. His character arc was not just the first game but the whole series. Garrus is a natrual born leader but never had the confidence to see it. His life was riddled with rules and complications made by his C-Sec proud father that made him abandon his military career to be a cop. Garrus always believed in justice but he believed in it in the wrong ways. That's why Shepard was seen as a big brother figure to Garrus in the first game. Garrus needed to get his head out of the clouds and understand the world but that's when things go bad. After Shepard's death, a man who had helped Garrus believe in himself, Garrus takes out the hate he feels for the loss of the greatest person he ever met on the criminals of Omega. No longer so uptight, Garrus became a rebel but he started showing confidence in himself. His revenge against Sidonus is also the next step in his evolution. By not letting Garrus kill Sidonus, he discovers himself again. He's not a blood thirsty person, he just wants justice. Returning to Palavin helped him truly discover himself. No longer confused or hateful, Garrus filled his true purpose, to fight along side his best friend. And given the tasks Shepard has in front of him, Garrus now is helping his friend when he needed it. Shepard and Garrus' friendship is fucking awesome and the two of them will die for each other. Garrus ranks at a very close second for me and wins a spot in my top 20 favorite characters ever.

TALI ZORAH VAS NORMANDY- Tali had the ability to not only like her as a person but her race as well. Tali's life had become so dedicated to her dying race that she was killing herself in the process. But she fought against her depression, she fought against her born duties to find what she really wanted in life. With my playthrough... It was Shepard she wanted and she got it... Over and ov- Onto the point, Tali was a great, stong character that has been a favorite of mine since the first game and she will stay that way. Not to mention she was with me for every final level in all three games ;O.

MORDIN SOLIS- He is the very model of a scientist salarian. Mordin won my heart from the first time I met him from his fast talking, quick thinking and his great sense of humor. Mordin's life was dedicated to the Genophage but what really surprised everyone is that is wasn't to make the disease stronger but to cure it. Even in the end, he had a smile on his face when faced against his doom but he loved his work and was more than happy to finish it.

THANE KIROS- The Drell are such a cool race and Thane was the best way to introduce it to us. Thane's story is touching, a father who wants redemption and in return, makes a friend and regains the love of his son. Thane also didn't let his disease get the best of him. Although he had little time to live, he refused to stay down until his body couldn't take it. Even after taking a sword through his chest, Thane stood up, grabbed his pistol and fired at the bastard that did it. Thane died a hero, just the way he deserved and he died with his friend and son by his side. He couldn't have been happier.

LEGION- This was a huge twist in the plot when Legion came to fight by the Normandy's side and that made it probably one of ME's biggest twists. Legion really helped us learn about the Geth and that they were not responsible for what happened on Rannoch. Legion also started to think for itself thanks to the Normandy's influence and was no longer a collection of programs but one being. Legion was the most... Human of the cast.

KASUMI GOTTO- Why is she DLC only? WHY!? Kasumi was a great addition to the cast and is such an interesting character. The greatest theif to ever live and you know she's great at her job because no one knows her by name. The best theives don't need to show off. Kasumi has such a rich background with her ex-lover but because her loyalty mission was The only character development she gets, she has no relevence in the plot at all. She is still a great ally to have and a genuinly nice person... She just has expensive taste. She would be in my top 5 ME characters if she had an actual purpose in the game than to be DLC.

JOKER- Why should I explain? He's Joker amd awesome.

THE REST

I'm too lazy to write the rest of the crew individually so I'll do it this way.

CHARACTERS THAT I THOUGHT WERE OKAY- Liara, Grunt, Jack, Jacob, EDI, Javik, Zaeed and Vega
I thought these guys were cool but they bothered me in more ways than most. I didn't hate them but I didn't like them.

CHARACTERS I HATE- Ashley, Kaiden, Miranda, Samara, Stupid unimportant reporter bitch in the third game on the Normandy, Kelly Chambers.
I couldn't stand them at all. Done and done.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:43 pm

nice list, both of you, I think we all agree for the most part, although I don't Miranda whereas a lot of ppl dislike her, I just can't get past that body.
@Erel--Kasumi was in ME3, not in a big way, but she did have her own sidequest and becomes one of your war assets
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:38 am

I'd fuck Miranda. But I wouldn't love her.

And Zack.... Where was Kasumi?!
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:53 pm

You meet her on the Citadel while doing work for a salarian spectre, and she helps you obtain information, and has a few conversations with you and reveals a secret crush she had on Jacob. You can coax her into being an asset like Jack, but she can't join your party
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:01 am

not meaning to add a spoiler but is it after or before the Turian/Salarin/Krogan incident?
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:08 pm

Right in the middle of that I think, if not, then after, look it up on youtube or somethin, i dont remember specifically, I made a lot of trips back and forth from the Citadel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc8f2zLgFaA
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:07 pm

So it looks like Bioware is gonna be updating the ending this summer for free but...the update is not gonna be replacing the original ending it's just gonna extend it in order to clear somethings.
Darkness Phoenix
Darkness Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:25 pm

Resurgence Pack is out today!!!

The pack is a free DLC content pack with patches. The patches help out the in game glitches from story and multiplayer. The content added is 6 new multiplayer class characters to play as, two new weapons and two maps.

Characters added:

Batarian Soldier and Sentinel
Geth Engineer and Infiltrator
Krogan Battlemaster Vanguard
Asari Justicar Adept

The characters must be unlocked through buying the equipment packs in multiplayer.

So make sure to download it, it's free! PSN users, the pack automatically downloads when you start the game, you can't get it on PSN. Xbox, just hit DLC option on main menu of the game and it will download when you select it.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:23 pm

thanks Mr. Bioware rep lol
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:34 pm

I haven't gotten the game yet but I'm gonna check if I can get that DLC.
Darkness Phoenix
Darkness Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:42 pm

Double post YAY!! I just got the game and l'll be playing it soon.
Darkness Phoenix
Darkness Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:14 am

congrats, you should enjoy it--or your not human
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:58 pm

The double post? or the game? Razz